Thursday, September 20, 2007

Family History

I've always been a history buff but until this weekend I didn't really know much family history when it came to my grandfather's side of the family. Here are a few notable facts I did not know. As I think of more I'll try and come back and post them.

1. My great-grandfather's father died in a coal mining accident and left him [age 10] and his brother (Uncle Sam) [age14] to fend for themselves. My grandfather did not tell me what happened to their mother so I'm left wondering on that one. When their father died Uncle Sam started working in a coal mine to support the two of them.

2. My great-grandfather married a sottish woman 20 years his younger.

3. One of my uncles in California was a tail gunner in a 2 person aircraft in the Pacific in WWII.

No comments: